This section of the ID Vault Control Center offers two ways to back up the information on your ID Vault: 1) copy the information stored in your ID Vault to a secure file or 2) print out the information (and place the printout in a safe location away from your PC.
Backing up to a Secure File
- Click 'Back up my account information to a secure file' and ID Vault will prompt you to select a file name and location for your back up file. Note: Your current Master PIN will be used to protect this file.
- Select a location to save the secure file and if desired, a new file name. You can save the file the same way you save any other file - to an external storage device such as a flash drive, or on another computer. This file is password protected and in a unique format that can only be used by importing it into the ID Vault application.
Restoring from a Secure File
- Click 'Restore my account information to a secure file' and ID Vault will prompt you to select an ID Vault file to restore. You must have previously created a back up from ID Vault in order to perform a restore. Note: The Master PIN that was in force at the time the file was saved must be used to unlock the file.
- Select the file to restore and click 'Open'.
- When prompted, enter the Master PIN that was in force at the time the backup file was saved.
- ID Vault will display a message confirming that the restore is complete. Your restored accounts and credit cards will then appear in your ID Vault menu.
Creating a printed copy of the information
- Click Print a list of my account information. ID Vault will prepare your information for printing. This may take a few moments.
- Follow your printer's prompts to print your Backup Report.
- Your Backup Report contains the URL, username and password for each of the accounts on your ID Vault, along with your credit card information. Please keep your Backup Report in a secure place.